I made this today with some zucchini that needed to be cooked. It is so sinfully delicious! Tastes like chocolate cake.
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ cup sugar
½ cup unsweetened cocoa *I used dark chocolate cocoa
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt *I used greek yogurt
2 tsp lemon rind
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 ½ cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stir.
- Combine oil and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Beat egg whites with a mixer at high-speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into the zucchini mixture.
- Spoon batter into loaf pans coated with cooking spray and lined with wax paper.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until bread springs back when touched lightly in center. Let stand in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and remove wax paper; cool completely on a wire rack. Yields 24 servings for 4 WW points or 5 ww pts +